Teacher training scholarships
Our Teacher Training Scholarship programme rewards the very best graduates who want to train to become physics teachers in September 2019.
What’s in it for you?
If you are successful, you will receive £28,000 tax-free funding. You also receive a package of support during your teacher training year. This includes:
- Recognition: free IOP membership for your teacher training year, including a subscription to Physics World.
- Community: celebration events at the beginning of your training.
- Professional development: networking events and educational trips for scholars throughout your training year.
- Influence: opportunities to contribute to physics education policy.
Who we’re looking for
Scholarships are available to graduates with at least a 2.1 degree in physics or a related subject such as engineering or mathematics. They will be awarded to the very best individuals who impress us with their:
- academic record
- physics subject knowledge
- commitment to teaching