A call to the physics community in support of the COVID-19 response
The Institute of Physics is asking members of the physics community to work with their supplier networks and identify organisations that can supply ventilators and ventilator components.
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) is looking for organisations that can support in the supply of ventilators and ventilator components across the United Kingdom as part of the UK Government's response to COVID-19.
BEIS is seeking suppliers with the ability to design, manufacture or supply the following:
- Air Compressors / Pumps
- Self-inflating bags
- Gas mixing valves
- Pressure Regulators
- Flow Control valves
- Solenoid valves
- Pressure relief valves
- Check valves / one-way valves
- Industrial Automation components (Safety Relays, PLCs)
- Power Supplies
- Electric Motors, and motor controllers
- Linear actuators and controllers
- Tubing and fittings
- Pressure Sensors and Indicators
- Oxygen Sensors and Indicators
- Flow Sensors and Indicators
- Heat and moisture exchanging filters (HMEFs)
- Air Filter, HEPA Filters
BEIS is also seeking organisations that have or can provide medical training or logistics capabilities.