Submitting a complaint about a member
If you believe one of our members has breached the Code, please get in touch and we will investigate and take disciplinary action where necessary. When submitting a complaint, please include the following information.
- Name of the person submitting the allegation
Please provide your full name, contact details and IOP membership number where appropriate.
- Member about whom the allegation is made
Please provide as much information as possible on the member about whom the allegation is being made.
- Details of the allegation
Please provide a concise statement of not more than 100 words.
- Reference(s) to the Code of Conduct
Please provide a brief reference to the part(s) of the Code of Conduct that is/are alleged to have been infringed.
- Evidence in support of the allegation
Please provide a list and attach any documentation in support of the allegation(s).
- The formal complaint must be signed and dated
Complaints should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:
Professor Paul Hardaker
Chief Executive Officer
Institute of Physics
37 Caledonian Road
London N1 9BU