KEEP Teaching - national physics teaching research project
Help ensure talented teachers stay in the classroom
The IOP is setting up a major national research project to improve the retention of teachers in their early career.
Teaching is an amazing and hugely worthwhile career. We’re working to support physics teachers in their NQT year even more and have launched a national trial to test some of our ideas further.
Qualifying schools can claim a £250 incentive for their science department simply by taking part.
- Improve teacher retention
- Increase teacher job satisfaction
- Accelerate teacher development
- Increase student attainment
Who can apply?
- Schools recruiting a Science NQT to start in September 2019
- Trainees looking to start a NQT role in September 2019
- Qualifying participants will take part in a randomised controlled trial to test the impact of a fully developed intervention
- Not all participants will receive the intervention, but everyone will need to do something
- IOP will provide full support to participating schools
Find out more
If you have any questions about this project or want to speak to a member of the team, please email KEEPTeaching@iop.org.
Funded by the Education Endowment Foundation and Wellcome Trust, KEEP Teaching will be independently evaluated by UCL Institute of Education.