Business and innovation
IOP Accelerator offers 1,000 square feet of co-working and private office space in our brand new building in the heart of King’s Cross and London’s Knowledge Quarter.
Our affordable, fully-serviced workspace supports entrepreneurs, micro and small businesses bringing physics-based innovation to market in any sector. We offer both fixed desks and hot desks, including:
- Monday to Friday 8am - 8pm access
- Superfast broadband
- Free colour A4 printing, scanning and copying
- Free unlimited tea, coffee and water
- Use of a hot desk, bookable and payable online in advance for £15, with no commitment
- Full postal facilities at our King’s Cross address (*Note: this does not include the right to register a company or apply for credit)
- Free booking of available meeting rooms
- Free booking of special events in the Theatre or Gallery (170 capacity)
- Four days’ bookable hot desking each month
- Unlimited use of the Accelerator Centre lounges and breakout area, no booking needed
- Invitations to IOP networking events
- Free IOP Accelerator business support sessions
A rolling one-month fee, capped at £35 per calendar month, payable monthly in advance.
- Accelerator Package, plus
- Fixed desk, for use by any member of your company
- Dedicated, lockable storage
- Support from a dedicated internal Key Account Manager
A rolling one-month fee, capped at £350 per calendar month, payable monthly in advance.
The IOP’s Business Start-Up Award winners demonstrate the diverse economic reach of physics across all sectors, from medtech to cleantech and beyond. We want to help start-ups get the next big ideas off the ground. Our affordable workspace offers entrepreneurs, micro and small businesses an attractive base flexible enough to support them in their crucial early stages of growth.
Capitalise on the wealth of the IOP’s network, business knowledge and skills training – help us create a dynamic, inclusive ecosystem connecting innovators in science, technology and engineering across all regions of the UK and Ireland. To ensure affordability, fees can be negotiated in return for service in-kind to help us grow the IOP Accelerator hub and regional network.
Who can apply?
You may be a recent university graduate looking to transition from an incubator to your first office. You may be a high-growth potential enterprise in the UK or Ireland looking for a London foothold. You may be an entrepreneur with an early-stage idea or looking to spin out an established service or product. Contact us if you would like a chat about whether the IOP Accelerator would suit your needs: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be working on bringing physics-based innovation to market in any sector
- Be a small or micro business incorporated in the UK or Ireland; OR
- An entrepreneur with the right to live and work in the UK or Ireland
Lumi Space have recently joined our Accelerator Centre
Lumi Space have a mission: to deliver extra power to satellites from a network of ground-based laser stations.
CEO Hira is an expert on orbit prediction and attitude modelling. He received his PhD from UCL with his thesis on non-conservative torque and computational attitude modelling of space debris. He has nearly a decade of experience in the space sector and in-depth experience in business and management consulting for FTSE 100 companies, including the application of data science and artificial intelligence to leverage insight from data.
Lumi Space want to enable the next generation of satellite technology by improving power budgets. By decreasing the cost and complexity of satellite mission design they hope to open new doors in the space industry, with future applications such as space debris removal.
Lumi Space are backed by venture capital and the team come from top institutions including: University of Cambridge, University of Oxford, Hertfordshire, Kent, Queen Mary, Surrey, Sussex, University College London and more.
Find out more about Lumi Space.