Information for members during COVID-19
Latest government information on COVID-19:
How businesses can support the COVID-19 response
In the UK:
- Businesses can share offers of support by completing this form
- Offers to support with government communications (such as free media space): email@example.com
- Offers to support with vaccine production: Nervtag@phe.gov.uk
- Offers to support with innovation or tech: DNHSX@nhsx.nhs.uk.
Financial support for businesses
Information for the UK including:
- Business support checker tool
- Bounce Back Loan Scheme for small businesses
- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme for small and medium-sized businesses
- Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- Future Fund for innovative companies
Other sources of business support:
- Wales: support for businesses
- Northern Ireland: support for businesses
- Republic of Ireland: information from Enterprise Ireland; information from Government of Ireland
- Scotland: support for businesses
Information about employees in the public sector, or for self-employed people
The Chancellor has set out a package of temporary, targeted measures to support public services, people and businesses through this period of disruption caused by COVID-19.
Find out more about the package.
Official guidance for employees, employers and businesses
- Know your employees’ rights; keep up to date with the latest advice from ACAS.
- Advice for employers on social distancing: England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales.
- Information for Republic of Ireland
Sign up for Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) bulletins for business and employer support updates.
Local business support and guidance
There is a network of 38 Business Growth Hubs across England which are local public/private sector partnerships led by the Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs). They join up national and local business support so it is easy for businesses to find the help they need.
- England: guidance to employers and businesses
- Northern Ireland: guidance to businesses and employers
- Republic of Ireland: guidance
- Wales: guidance to employers and businesses
- Scotland: guidance
Information for academics and researchers
Visit UK Research and Innovation for the latest information about how to submit research proposals, reprioritise current grants and guidance for grant holders.
View the COVID-19 Research Project Tracker launched by UK Collaborative on Development Research (UKCDR) and Global Research Collaboration for Infectious Disease Preparedness (GloPID-R).
Support and resources for teachers and technicians
- Visit our dedicated page on IOPSpark for weekly updates and resources to help you work with your students remotely.
- Open forum on Talkphysics for teachers to share ideas and ask questions
- Resources for Northern Ireland
- Resources for Republic of Ireland
Information for apprentices
Apprentices should phone the National Apprenticeship Service for advice. They can be reached on: 0800 0150 600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education
- Apprenticeship information for Republic of Ireland
Department for Education/ Education and Skills Funding Agency helpline
The Department have set up a Coronavirus helpline for education related queries. You can get in touch via 0800 046 8687 between 8am-6pm (Monday to Friday), or by emailing DfE.email@example.com.