Quantum Optics, Quantum Information and Quantum Control Group
This is an IOP special interest group, which is a community of IOP members focused on a particular discipline, application or area of interest.
Special interest groups allow members to connect and share knowledge and ideas. The IOP funds groups to deliver a range of activities including events, prizes and bursaries. All of our groups are driven by members.
About the group
In the last few years, a vigorous new research community has emerged in the field of quantum optics, information and control.
As a special interest, member-driven group, we cover a broad spectrum of topics that include:
- information theory
- quantum technologies
- foundations of quantum physics
- investigation and control of fundamental physical and chemical phenomena
What the group does
The purpose of our group is to:
- support links with industry
- organise conferences, seminars and workshops
- foster links with national and international research networks
- promote interaction between physicists working in the diverse range of research fields we encompass
- organise outreach activities, for example talks to school or the production of videos
- award grants and prizes relating to conferences of interest, for example the Conference on Condensed Matter and Materials, Photon and QuAMP Divisional conferences
- award and administer conference travel bursaries and grants for student meetings and conferences
Group physics prize
This is awarded jointly with other groups, to an early-career researcher for outstanding research, published within the previous five years, on a topic relevant to these Institute groups:
- Quantum Optics, Quantum Information and Quantum Control
- Atomic and Molecular Interactions
- Molecular Physics
- Quantum Electronics and Photonics
- Plasma Physics
Find group events on the IOP events site.