Nuclear Physics Group
This is an IOP special interest group, which is a community of IOP members focused on a particular discipline, application or area of interest.
Special interest groups allow members to connect and share knowledge and ideas. The IOP funds groups to deliver a range of activities including events, prizes and bursaries. All of our groups are driven by members.
About the group
As a special interest, member-driven group, we are interested in supporting:
- promising early physics careers
- nuclear physics researchers in industry
- nuclear physics researchers in universities
- students who are attending nuclear physics events
- Institute members with an interest in nuclear physics
What the group does
We promote activities for the nuclear physics community including:
- resources for teachers
- talks to the general public
- meetings and conferences
Group physics prize
Nuclear Physics Early Career Researcher Prize
This annual prize is for a promising early career scientist with not more than five years research experience who has made an outstanding contribution to nuclear physics.
Find group events on our events site.
February 2011 (PDF, 183 KB)