Nuclear Industry Group
This is an IOP special interest group, which is a community of IOP members focused on a particular discipline, application or area of interest.
Special interest groups allow members to connect and share knowledge and ideas. The IOP funds groups to deliver a range of activities including events, prizes and bursaries. All of our groups are driven by members.
About the group
As a special interest, member-driven group, we are interested in all aspects of the nuclear industry. Our role is to:
- recognise the interests of a broad audience
- encourage links between physicists in the nuclear industry
- welcome members from a wide range of professional backgrounds
- appreciate diverse roles of physicists in civil and defence nuclear industries
You might be:
- employed in the industry
- a student considering a career in this sector
- someone with a general interest in this field
What the group does
We represent physicists involved with or interested in all aspects of the nuclear industry.
We look forward to welcoming you as a member and meeting you at an event.
Download our group flyer (PDF, 1.5MB)
Watch our group’s subtitled YouTube discussion on the UK’s nuclear future.
We award two prizes each year to:
- encourage innovation in the industry
- promote the role of physicists in the industry
- reward effort and commitment to advancing the industry
The Early Career Prize
This prize is for physicists in the early stages of a career in the nuclear industry.
The Career Contribution Prize
The prize is to:
- promote innovation in the nuclear industry
- promote the role of physicists in the nuclear industry
- reward effort and commitment to advancing the nuclear industry
Find group events on the IOP events site.
November 2018 (PDF, 1.52MB)
September 2017 (PDF, 2.23MB)
September 2016 (PDF, 1.66MB)
October 2015 (PDF, 1.38MB)
September 2014 (PDF, 695KB)
September 2013 (PDF, 474KB)
December 2012 (PDF, 606KB)
September 2011 (PDF, 911KB)