High Energy Particle Physics Group
This is an IOP special interest group, which is a community of IOP members focused on a particular discipline, application or area of interest.
Special interest groups allow members to connect and share knowledge and ideas. The IOP funds groups to deliver a range of activities including events, prizes and bursaries. All of our groups are driven by members.
About the group
As a special interest, member-driven group, we focus on the building blocks of matter. We support our members with meetings, prizes and an annual conference.
We are interested in how the smallest building blocks of matter interact with each other.
What the group does
We focus on:
- representing our members to the Institute of Physics and external bodies
- early career prizes
- half-day meetings about topics suggested by our members
- an annual three to four-day conference, often held jointly with other Institute groups
We have three prizes for physicists in the early stages of their career.
To be nominated you will:
- have worked for less than 12 years since the award of your first degree (excluding career breaks)
- have carried out work while funded by a UK/Ireland institution
- give consent to be nominated
- not be a member of the High Energy Particle Physics Group committee
The winner is chosen by the High Energy Particle Physics Group committee members.
Members cannot nominate more than one candidate for each prize.
The High Energy Particle Physics Group Prize
This prize is awarded to an early career researcher for outstanding contributions to particle physics research.
The High Energy Particle Physics Science in Society Prize
This prize is for an early career researcher who has made an outstanding contribution to outreach in particle physics.
The High Energy Particle Physics Group Poster Prize
The prize is awarded at the HEPP Group annual meeting, to the best posters in the poster session.
Find group events on the IOP events site.