This is an IOP special interest group, which is a community of IOP members focused on a particular discipline, application or area of interest.
Special interest groups allow members to connect and share knowledge and ideas. The IOP funds groups to deliver a range of activities including events, prizes and bursaries. All of our groups are driven by members.
About the group
As a special interest, member-driven group, we are interested in:
- the efficient use of energy
- materials for energy applications
- energy use in the built environment
- the exploitation of resources for energy use
- power generation technologies: conventional, renewable, and nuclear
- security of supply
Our members include industrialists and consultants in:
- renewable sectors
- nuclear industries
- building services
- gas production
A third of our members are student and lecturer academics working in physics education.
What the group does
Topics examined by our group are:
- energy efficiency
- heat pumps
- offshore wind
- solar hydrogen
- carbon inheritance
- anaerobic digestion
- mobility engineering
- energy management
- electric vehicle charging
Find group events on the IOP events site.
Our newsletter includes research summaries, paper reports and news from the physics community.
Read government proposals for decarbonising all sectors of the UK economy in its Clean Growth Strategy (PDF, 5.19MB).
Committee and contacts
- Chair: Dr Andrew Moffatt firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Alexander Hughes email@example.com